Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Practice hair!

Hey ya'll! So, Kim, Jonathan, Andrew, and I are going(along with friends) to a Regency Ball in December! It is a Pride and Prejudice style ball and a friend of ours is making dresses for Kim and me!! Anyway, I want to have my hair in an updo that Elizabeth Bennet, from the 2005 Pride and Prejudice movie, had hers in for one of the balls. So, after I took a shower yesterday, Kim put my hair up in pin curls. My hair was already starting to dry by the time she started with the curls, but with hairspray and the partial wetness, it turned out really nice!! I slept in the pin curls and they were in my hair for about 17 hours. This was a practice run for the ball; my hair is naturally straight but it needs to be curly in order to do the Elizabeth updo. Here are some pictures! Let me know what you think! :) 
Elizabeth's updo on Pride and Prejudice. My hair won't look exactly like that, but it will be up kinda like that.


The front of my hair after taking the pin curls out.

The back.
Taken back with a scrunchie.


Well, let me know what you think! :) Have a lovely day! 
 ♥Rachel 

6 comments:

  1. Looks great. Did you put some highlights in there as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nope, I didn't put any highlights in it. I have natural highlights, but I think that the hairspray we used(which helps the hair hold/stay in a fixed position better) made some of my hair lighter.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Rae. (not that I have ever seen Pride or Prejudice or anything. Is it Victorian?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is set in the early 19th century. 1810-1812.

      Delete
  3. So who are you going with anyways? Shiloh and Josiah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we went with them, their parents, and some of their friends.

      Delete